Details for Benchmark: NZ0221
N 42° 24.583 W 122° 57.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- G 549
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by ORDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.1 MI NW FROM CENTRAL POINT. 3.1 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 99 FROM THE GRANGE CO-OP BUILDING AT CENTRAL POINT, 0.9 MILE SOUTH OF THE FORMER U.S. HIGHWAY 99 BRIDGE OVER THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD TRACK, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD MILEPOLE 449, NEAR SEMAPHORE 448.8, AT THE U.S. HIGHWAY 99 TOLO BRIDGE OVER THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE CURB, 12 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 3/4 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 4.9 KM (3.05 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF PINE STREET IN CENTRAL POINT, IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5 OVERPASS OF THE RAILROAD, AND 3.6 M (11.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.