Details for Benchmark: NZ0224
N 42° 26.117 W 122° 59.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- P 7
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1920 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
5.7 MI E FROM GOLD HILL. 5.7 MILES EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOLD HILL, ABOUT 0.1 MILE WEST OF ROAD CROSSING 451.30, ABOUT 9 1/2 RAILS EAST OF CULVERT 451.49, ABOUT 20 YARDS SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM THE SOUTH END OF A PRIVATE WOODEN BRIDGE OVER THE ROGUE RIVER, IN LINE WITH THE DOWNSTREAM TRUSS, IN THE TOP OF A GRANITE OUTCROP, 15.6 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 4 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF A SMALL DRAW, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 9.2 KM (5.70 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF PINE STREET IN CENTRAL POINT, OR 9.3 KM (5.80 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF FOURTH STREET IN GOLD HILL, IN AN AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK, 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) WEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF A GRAVELED ROAD, NEAR THE CENTER OF A SMALL DRAW, AND 4.7 M (15.4 FT) SOUTH OF THE NEAR RAIL. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.