Details for Benchmark: NZ0497
N 42° 26.983 W 123° 00.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- T 549
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
4.1 MI NE FROM GOLD HILL. 4.1 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOLD HILL, NEAR MILEPOLE 453, AT THE NORTHEAST END OF A CURVE, AT 24-INCH CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT 453.01, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE HEAD WALL, 14.1 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST FACE OF SEMAPHORE 453.1, 9.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 6.7 KM (4.15 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF FOURTH STREET IN GOLD HILL, AT MILEPOST 453, IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE NORTHWEST HEADWALL OF A 24-INCH PIPE CULVERT, 30.0 M (98.4 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVELED ROAD, AND 2.9 M (9.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.