Details for Benchmark: NZ0498
N 42° 27.517 W 123° 00.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- 1137 B
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1903 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.4 MI NE FROM GOLD HILL. 3.4 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOLD HILL, 0.7 MILE NORTH OF MILEPOLE 453, 0.3 MILE EAST OF MILEPOLE 454, 9 1/2 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF A GRAVELED ROAD, AT THE SOUTHEAST END OF A LONG CURVE, 19.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 49 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND RIVETED ON TOP OF A 3 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.8 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- SLANTING CAP. THE ROD WAS HELD OVER THE LETTER E OF THE WORD GEOLOGICAL DURING THE 1954 RELEVELING.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.