Details for Benchmark: NZ0499
N 42° 27.550 W 123° 01.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- U 549
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.0 MI NE FROM GOLD HILL. 3.0 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOLD HILL, 3 TELEGRAPH POLES NORTHWEST OF MILEPOLE 454, AT 24-INCH CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT 454.14, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL, 11.1 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 5.0 KM (3.10 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF FOURTH STREET IN GOLD HILL, IN THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHEAST HEADWALL OF A 24-INCH PIPE CULVERT, 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 454, AND 3.4 M (11.2 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.