Details for Benchmark: NZ0941
N 42° 25.667 W 122° 58.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- A 760
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
7.8 KM (4.85 MI) EAST FROM CENTRAL POINT. 7.8 KM (4.85 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF PINE STREET IN CENTRAL POINT, 1.3 KM (0.80 MI) NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 99, 1.1 KM (0.70 MI) SOUTHEAST OF THE GOLD RAY DAM, 147.3 M (483.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF SIGNAL NUMBER 4505, 25.3 M (83.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST TO GOLD RAY DAM, 9.7 M (31.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A GUY CABLE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.35 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.