Details for Benchmark: NZ1095
N 42° 02.614 W 122° 53.451 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- DUTCHMAN PK LOOKOUT HOUSE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1935
THIS OCCUPIED STATION IS THE CENTER OF U.S.F.S. WOOD LOOKOUT HOUSE ON THE SUMMIT OF DUTCHMAN PEAK, A HIGH, BARE, PROMINENT POINT ABOUT 21 MILES S OF MEDFORD, AIR LINE. FOREST ROADS LEAD TO THE STATION. A REFERENCE MARK CONSISTS OF A U.S.G.S. VERTICAL ANGLE BENCH MARK STAMPED 7411 1932, SET IN A ROCK OUTCROP 5.395 METERS (17.7 FEET) N OF THE STATION.
|1/1/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (WRH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 15 MILES AIRLINE SOUTHWEST OF ASHLAND, 20 MILES AIRLINE SOUTH OF MEDFORD, ON THE HIGHEST PART OF DUTCHMAN PEAK.
THE LOOKOUT HOUSE IS A STANDARD U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT HOUSE WHICH IS ABOUT 14 FEET SQUARE, AND IS AN INCLOSED TWO STORY BUILDING ABOUT 30 FEET HIGH. IT IS ABOUT 2 MILES NORTH OF STATION STERLING. THE CENTER OF THE HOUSE WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.