Details for Benchmark: NZ1097
N 42° 24.753 W 122° 52.418 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- MEDFORD HOMER H MARKER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by OR-029 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY JACKSON COUNTY OREGON 1968
THE STATION IS 6 MILES NORTH OF MEDFORD, 3 MILES NORTHEAST OF CENTRAL POINT AND 1-1/2 MILES NORTHEAST OF TABLE ROCK 4-CORNERS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM TABLE ROCK 4-CORNERS GO NORTH ON TABLE ROCK ROAD FOR 1.5 MILES TO GREGORY ROAD, TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON GREGORY ROAD FOR 0.55 MILE TO A GRAVELED DRIVEWAY LEFT, TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON THE DRIVEWAY FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE STATION.
THE STATION IS A SINGLE COLUMN STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, HAVING AN OVER-ALL HEIGHT OF 125 FEET AND THE TOP AND CENTER WAS THE POINT OBSERVED UPON.
|01/01/1974 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974 (EP)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN 6 MILES NORTH OF MEDFORD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.