Details for Benchmark: NZ1145
N 42° 24.409 W 122° 57.645 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1968
THE STATION IS 3.0 MILES NORTHWEST OF CENTRAL POINT AND 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY NO. 5 ON THE SUMMIT OF THE NORTHERLY OF TWO BUTTES, WHICH IS OWNED BY ALBERT GRANDY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE CENTRAL POINT CITY HALL, GO SOUTHWEST ON PINE STREET 3 BLOCKS TO HIGHWAY 99, PROCEED NORTHWEST ON SAID HIGHWAY 1.3 MILES TO SCENIC AVENUE, TURN LEFT ACROSS RAILROAD TRACKS ON SCENIC AVENUE AND GO WEST 1.8 MILES TO TOLO ROAD, TURN RIGHT ON TOLO ROAD AND GO NORTH 0.9 MILE TO A PRIVATE LANE RIGHT, TAKE LANE EAST FOR 0.3 MILE TO PARKING AREA AT DR. TURNERS RESIDENCE. THE STATION IS 200 METERS NORTHEAST ON TOP OF THE RIDGE AND CAN BE REACHED BY VEHICLE BY DRIVING THROUGH THE BARNYARD.
THE STATION MARK, STAMPED WILLOW 1941-1942, IS A U.S. ENGINEERS DISK SET IN A 10-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 4 INCHES AND IS ENCLOSED BY A 18-FOOT SQUARE WIRE FENCE. A BLAZED 12 INCH WHITE OAK TREE BEARS SOUTH-SOUTHWEST 37 FEET.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1, STAMPED WILLOW R.M. NO. 1 1941-1942, IS A U.S. ENGINEERS DISK SET IN A 10-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 2 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2, STAMPED WILLOW 1941-1942, IS A U.S. ENGINEERS DISK SET IN A 10-INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 6 INCHES.
THE DISTANCE BETWEEN R.M. NO. 1 AND R.M. NO. 2 IS 41.68 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.