Details for Benchmark: NZ1149
N 42° 23.832 W 122° 56.437 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- CENTRAL POINT LAT STA
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1908 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1931 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1931
NEAR CENTRAL POINT ASTRONOMICAL STATION AND MARKED ONLY BY A WOODEN PIER. THE FOLLOWING DISTANCES AND AZIMUTHS WERE MEASURED--ASTRONOMICAL STATION, 4.77 METERS (15.6 FEET), 116 DEG 41 MIN. U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY BENCH MARK (REFERENCE MARK OF THE PRECEDING STATION), 28.82 METERS (94.6 FEET), 41 DEG 18 MIN. THE NORTH AND WEST FENCES OF THE FIELD ARE, RESPECTIVELY, 6.18 METERS (20.3 FEET) AND 15.55 METERS (51.0 FEET) FROM THE STATION. THE STATION WAS NOT FOUND IN 1931 AND IT MAY HAVE BEEN COVERED BY THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1936 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1936 (LAM)
CHANGE DESCRIPTION AS FOLLOWS--IN 1936 IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE LOCATION OF THE STATION WAS WITHIN AN ORCHARD EAST OF THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY AND ALL TRACES OF THE PIER WERE GONE. STATION NOT COVERED BY PACIFIC HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.