Details for Benchmark: NZ1272
N 42° 22.759 W 123° 15.282 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JOSEPHINE county, OR View Original Datasheet
- GRANTS PASS
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1904 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1904 (AIO)
ON HIGHEST POINT OF GRANTS PASS PEAK, ELEVATION 3836 FEET, SITUATED ABOUT 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF GRANTS PASS. PROBABLY EASIEST REACHED BY TAKING ROAD FROM GRANTS PASS SOUTH ABOUT 6 MILES TO LUTHER DIVIDE, AND CLIMBING FROM THAT POINT TO EAST. MARKED BY USGS BRONZE DISK IN HIGHEST POINT. DRILL HOLES 1 INCH DEEP IN SOLID ROCK ARE 11.2 FEET TO SOUTHWEST AND 44.1 FEET TO NORTH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.