Details for Benchmark: OB0170
N 43° 54.717 W 069° 47.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAGADAHOC county, ME View Original Datasheet
- C 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
IN WOOLWICH. AT WOOLWICH, ALONG THE MAINE CENTRAL RAILROAD, SET ON THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE OVER STREET (FORMERLY STATE HIGHWAY 127), 0.15 MILE EAST OF THE NEW STATE HIGHWAY OVERPASS OVER TRACK, 4.9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 80.5 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE WOOLWICH STATION OF THE MAINE CENTRAL RAILROAD AND 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|04/12/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (AMW)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.