Details for Benchmark: OB0247
N 43° 44.067 W 069° 59.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, ME View Original Datasheet
- S 97
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
2.2 MI SW FROM ORRS ISLAND. 2.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 24 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT ORRS ISLAND, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, AT BAILEY ISLAND CHURCH, IN THE NORTH FACE OF THE BRICK FOUNDATION OF THE BUILDINGS, 93.8 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 7 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE ROCK PORCH OF THE CHURCH, AND ABOUT 1-1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 97 1943 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1978 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.