Details for Benchmark: OC1255
N 43° 52.667 W 070° 05.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, ME View Original Datasheet
- A 155 MEDT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Spoo found OC1255
My third of three MEDT finds today! This is alongside the highway and extreme caution must be used in recovering it.
Recovered in GOOD condition at the described location. Stamped, A-155 and 8.07.74
[Photos:]OC1255, A-155, A MEDT disk!
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by MEDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MAINE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975
ABOUT 7.4 MILES SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG I-95 SOUTHBOUND FROM THE STATE HIGHWAY 196 OVERPASS CROSSING OF I-95 (TOPSHAM-LISBON EXIT), 73 FEET NORTHWEST OF AND 2 1/2 FEET BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF I-95 SOUTHBOUND, A DISK SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF A CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST 6.7 FEET NORTH OF THE MOST WESTERLY ONE OF THREE ALUMINUM SIGN POSTS ON THE SIGN WHICH READS, BRADBURY MTN. STATE PARK NEXT RIGHT. 1.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND 1.0 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE METAL WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.