Details for Benchmark: OC1366
N 43° 26.349 W 071° 00.899 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In STRAFFORD county, NH View Original Datasheet
- TENERIFFE MOUNTAIN 1878
- Marker Type:
- chiseled triangle
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1878 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1878 (ETQ)
TO REACH GO FROM MIDDLETON VILLAGE 3 MILES ON THE MOUNTAIN ROAD TO MILTON WHICH LEADS DIRECTLY OVER THE SUMMIT. SUMMIT IS BARE AND LEDGY.
STATION IS MARKED BY TRIANGLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.