Details for Benchmark: OC2809
N 43° 59.383 W 071° 05.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, NH View Original Datasheet
- 101 0500
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NHDOT (MONUMENTED)
|10/13/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN CONWAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 113-WEST AND U.S. ROUTE 302 IN CONWAY, GO WEST FOR 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) ON ROUTE 113 TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. ALSO, TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 116 AND 113 IN CONWAY, GO EAST FOR 1.65 MI (2.66 KM) ON ROUTE 113 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD NHDOT DISK STAMPED---101 0500---SET IN THE TOP OF A 9-FT BY 8-FT PARTIALLY EXPOSED ROCK LEDGE PROJECTING 2.5-FT ABOVE THE GROUND AND 4-FT HIGHER THAN THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. LOCATED 160 FT (48.8 M) EAST FROM THE CENTER OF ODELL HILL ROAD, 134 FT (40.8 M) WEST FROM THE CENTER OF AN ASPHALT DRIVEWAY LEADING TO SACO WOODS, 100 FT (30.5 M) NORTHEAST FROM POWER POLE 333/456/PSNH/NET/205E/145, 62.5 FT (19.1 M) SOUTH FROM THE CENTER OF ROUTE 113, 38.5 FT (11.7 M) NORTHWEST FROM POWER POLE 933/NET/144/333/457/PSCO.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.