Details for Benchmark: OF0251
N 43° 00.500 W 076° 20.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- E 179 RESET 1964
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Team DragonMoon found OF0251
N 43° 00.375 W 076° 20.209
A fairly easy one once I realized where it had to be. Me and the wifes first "Real" benchmark. The mark itself can be found about .15 from where the GPS sends you in the bridge top on the left side just on the other side of the guardrail.
Posted new coords that should get you a lot closer.
[This entry was edited by Team DragonMoon on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 5:57:42 AM.]
[Photos:]E 179 Reset 1964
looks bigger in the pic. these things are pretty small!
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NYDPW (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
1.8 MI N FROM MARCELLUS. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSSECTION OF MAIN AND NORTH STREETS IN MARCELLUS-- PROCEED 1. 8 MILES NORTH ON STATE ROUTE NO. 174 TO SITE OF BENCH AT NORTH EDGE OF VILLAGE OF MARCELLUS FALLS, ON THE NORTH EDGE OF NINE MILE CREEK. IT IS 21.0 FEET EAST AND ABOUT 1.4 FEET ABOVE THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY AND SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE NORTHEAST WINGWALL OF A CONCRETE BOX CULVERT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.