Details for Benchmark: OF0358
N 43° 13.200 W 076° 27.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- F 170
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
4.4 MI N FROM PLAINSVILLE. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PLAINSVILLE, PROCEED 4.4 MILES NORTH ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO A CONCRETE CULVERT AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN TOP OF AND CENTER OF THE EAST HEADWALL OF A 4X4 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT UNDER HIGHWAY. IT IS 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF OSWEGO AND ONONDAGA COUNTY LINE, AND ABOUT 120.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A WHITE AND GREEN PAINTED FARM HOUSE, 13.0 FEET EAST OF AND ABOUT 1.0 FOOT ABOVE CENTER LINE OF PAVEMENT, 10.0 FEET WEST OF RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
|04/22/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.