Details for Benchmark: OF0371
N 43° 12.417 W 076° 26.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- B 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.0 MI E FROM LYSANDER. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LYSANDER, PROCEED 1.0 MILE EAST ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO A FARM HOUSE AND BARN ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS 56.0 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF BARN AND ABOUT 4.0 FEET WEST OF FENCE CORNER. IT IS 23.0 FEET SOUTH OF AND 1.0 FOOT BELOW THE CENTER LINE OF PAVEMENT, ABOUT 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, 2.0 FEET EAST OF A 4X4 INCH WHITE WOODEN MARKER POST. MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.5 FOOT.
|04/22/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.