Details for Benchmark: OF0372
N 43° 12.783 W 076° 25.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- C 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.0 MI E FROM LYSANDER. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT LYSANDER, PROCEED 2.0 MILES EASTERLY ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO THE INTERSECTION OF A COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 195.0 FEET EAST OF AND ACROSS ROAD FROM A SMALL GROCERY STORE, SET HORIZONTALLY IN TOP OF AND CENTER OF THE NORTH HEADWALL OF A TERRA COTTA PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE EAST AND WEST COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD. IT IS 14.0 FEET NORTH OF AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 10.0 FEET SOUTH OF RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
|04/22/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.