Details for Benchmark: OF0374
N 43° 13.017 W 076° 22.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- E 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.7 MI W FROM LAMSON. TO REACH FROM THE DELAWARE AND LACKAWANNA RAILROAD STATION AT LAMSON, PROCEED 0.7 MILE WEST ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO A GRAVEL CROSS ROAD AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 135.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A SMALL SCHOOL HOUSE, AND ACROSS ROAD. IT IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE CENTER AND TOP OF THE WEST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A 2.0 FOOT CAST IRON PIPE CULVERT UNDER GRAVEL ROAD, 37.0 FEET SOUTH OF AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE PAVEMENT, 13.6 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF GRAVEL ROAD.
|04/22/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.