Details for Benchmark: OF0375
N 43° 13.050 W 076° 21.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- F 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.3 MI E FROM LAMSON. TO REACH FROM THE DELAWARE AND LACKAWANNA RAILROAD STATION AT LAMSON, PROCEED 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO A CONCRETE CULVERT AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 0.3 MILE WEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY NO. 48, AND ABOUT 200.0 FEET EAST OF A WHITE FARM HOUSE ON SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD. IT IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 3X3 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT UNDER PAVEMENT 17.0 FEET SOUTH OF AND ABOUT 2.5 FEET BELOW THE CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 6.0 FEET NORTH OF RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.