Details for Benchmark: OF0380
N 43° 14.217 W 076° 16.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OSWEGO county, NY View Original Datasheet
- L 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.0 MI E FROM PHOENIX. TO REACH FROM THE PHOENIX HIGH SCHOOL, PROCEED 1.0 MILE EASTERLY ALONG COUNTY ASPHALT ROAD TO A LARGE FARM HOUSE AND CONCRETE CULVERT AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE CENTER AND TOP OF SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 2.0 FOOT CONCRETE PIPE CULVERT UNDER PAVEMENT. IT IS 175.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK FARM HOUSE ACROSS ROAD, 22.0 FEET SOUTH OF AND 4.0 FEET BELOW THE CENTER LINE OF PAVEMENT.
|01/01/1968 by USDA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE 1968
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.