Details for Benchmark: OF1380
N 43° 09.783 W 076° 18.735 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ONONDAGA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- BALDWINSVILLE EAST STANDPIPE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942 (PLB)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE LARGEST AND E ONE OF THE TWO STANDPIPES OF THE TOWN WATER SUPPLY, LOCATED ABOUT 1.0 MILE E OF THE TOWN, AND 0.1 MILE S OF STATE ROUTE 31, ON A ROUND TOP HILL, AND ON PROPERTY OWNED BY THE TOWN OF BALDWINSVILLE. IT IS AN ALL STEEL STRUCTURE ABOUT 40 FEET HIGH, AND 60 FEET IN DIAMETER. THE ENTIRE STRUCTURE IS PAINTED ALUMINUM. POINT OBSERVED UPON, THE FINIAL ON THE APEX OF THE ROOF. LOCATED TO TRIANGULATION STATION BALDWIN BY DISTANCE AND DIRECTION.
|01/01/1973 by NYDT (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1973
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.