Details for Benchmark: OF2396
N 43° 10.348 W 077° 46.503 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- SPENCERPORT TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (RMB)
THE STATION, SPENCERPORT WATER TANK, IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE CYLINDRICAL TANK WHICH IS PAINTED A BLUE-GREEN COLOR AND IS ABOUT 100 FEET IN HEIGHT.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1-3/4 MILES SOUTHEAST OF SPENCERPORT, 0.05 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF GILLETT ROAD AND OGDEN COURT ROAD AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF OGDEN COURT ROAD.
THE TANK IS SUPPORTED BY A SINGLE STANDPIPE STRUCTURE.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (RFH)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.