Details for Benchmark: OF2734
N 43° 10.563 W 077° 30.961 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MONROE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1987 (RDC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF IRONDEQUOIT BAY, NEAR THE BOUNTY MARINA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM BOUNTY HARBOR MARINA, GO EAST FOR 0.2 MILE ON FOOT ALONG A FOOT PATH WHICH FOLLOWS THE SHORELINE TO THE AREA OF THE STATION. THE AREA IS HEAVILY WOODED.
THE STATION IS A NOS ALUMINUM DISK STAMPED---SOUTH 1987---,SET INTO A MASS OF CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 2.1 METERS (6.89 FT) SOUTH OF THE WATER EDGE, 9.6 METERS (31.5 FT) WEST FROM A 18 INCH MAPLE TREE WHICH IS LEANING OVER THE WATER, AND 5.8
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN WAS 1.500 METERS ABOVE THE MARK. DESCRIBED BY A EBADIRAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.