Details for Benchmark: OG0248
N 43° 09.583 W 079° 03.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NIAGARA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by USLS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1970
IN LEWISTON. AT LEWISTON, NIAGARA COUNTY, MASSIVE STONE PARAPET ENCLOSING BROCKS MONUMENT, BOLT IN WEST OR INNER FACE OF SQUARE STONE POST AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF ENCLOSURE, 1.7 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
IN QUEENSTON HEIGHTS PARK AT BROOKS MONUMENT, A BOLT SET IN WEST OR INTERFACE OF SQUARE STONE POST AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF ENCLOSURE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.