Details for Benchmark: OG0961
N 43° 06.601 W 079° 03.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NIAGARA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- REF MON 17 67
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by IBC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1967 (HGD)
ON THE AMERICAN SIDE OF NIAGARA RIVER, IS A BOUNDARY REFERENCE TABLET SET IN THE CONCRETE WALK ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE FIRST BRIDGE THREE - FOURTHS MILE UP RIVER FROM WHIRLPOOL RAPIDS. THE TABLET IS SET IN LINE WITH THE CHAIN LINK FENCE ADJACENT TO THE NEW YORK STATE PARK COMMISSION MAINTENANCE GARAGE.
|01/01/1973 by IBC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1973 (CRM)
THE REFERENCE MONUMENT WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION.
THE MONUMENT, STAMPED 17 - 67, IS A BRONZE, REFERENCE MONUMENT DISK CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE WEST SIDEWALK OF THE BRIDGE. IT IS 186 FEET NORTH OF A LIGHT POLE, 95 FEET SOUTH OF A LIGHT POLE, AND 31 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE BRIDGE, WHICH IS AN OVERPASS.
BOTH REFERENCE MARKS ARE A CHISELED X IN THE STEEL BASE OF THE BRIDGE RAILING. IT IS 6.94 FEET OR 2.113 METERS BETWEEN THE REFERENCE MARKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.