Details for Benchmark: OH0468
N 43° 47.883 W 116° 58.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CANYON county, ID View Original Datasheet
- V 5
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2 MI W FROM PARMA. ABOUT 2 MILES WEST ALONG THE OREGON SHORT LINE RR FROM PARMA, CANYON COUNTY, IDAHO, ABOUT 0.1 MILE EAST FROM A ROAD CROSSING AT A SAND-STONE CULVERT AT MILE MARKER 482.68, AT THE NORTH END OF THE CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST WING-WALL, 8 INCHES FROM THE EAST EDGE, 8 INCHES FROM THE NORTH EDGE, AND ABOUT 2.5 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLE, NOT LETTERED.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.