Details for Benchmark: OJ1032
N 43° 02.754 W 083° 41.436 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- TT 53 CITY OF FLINT 1943
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (FN)
THE MARK IS 84.91 FEET ESE OF TRIANGULATION STATION MOSS, 22.8 FEET W OF THE CENTER LINE OF NORTH STREET, AND 4.2 FEET N OF POLE 376. THE MARK IS A BRONZE CAP ON TOP OF A 4-INCH PIPE, WHICH IS SET IN A BLOCK OF CONCRETE 1-1/2 FEET IN DIAMETER AND IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE DISK IS STAMPED B M NO 53.
THE FOLLOWING IS CAST IN THE DISK- TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY OF 1920, CITY OF FLINT TRIANGULATION STATION.
TO REACH FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN DOWNTOWN FLINT, GO N ON SAGINAW STREET FOR 2.4 MILES TO DEWEY STREET, TURN RIGHT AND GO 0.1 MILE TO NORTH STREET AND STATION AS DESCRIBED.
THIS IS A TRAVERSE STATION.
|01/01/1966 by LOCSUR (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1966
RECOVERED BY CLARK AERIAL SURVEY CORP
STATION NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.