Details for Benchmark: OL0154
N 43° 02.233 W 087° 54.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MILWAUKEE county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by WI3100 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972
AT MILWAUKEE. AT MILWAUKEE, 0.25 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE NEW CHICAGO, MILWAUKEE, ST PAUL AND PACIFIC RAILROAD STATION, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF NORTH 3 RD STREET AND EVERETT STREET, AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE WISCONSIN ELECTRIC COMPANY BLDG, 40 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF NORTH 3 RD STREET, 26 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF WEST EVERETT STREET, 3.7 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING SET IN THE TOP OF A LIMESTONE WATER TABLET AND 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK. SEC 29, T 7 N, R 22 E. NOTE-- THE DISK IS BATTERED. STAMPING NO LONGER LEGIBLE.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (RH)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.