Details for Benchmark: OM0540
N 43° 35.300 W 089° 47.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAUK county, WI View Original Datasheet
- V 109
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.5 MI S FROM DELTON. ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 12 TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE DELL VIEW HOTEL, EAST OF THE AIRPORT. SET IN THE NORTH ONE OF TWO GARGOYLE BASES, ON THE SOUTHWEST CORNER, 12 FEET NORTH OF FENCE, 60 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD TO THE EAST, 4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND LEVEL.
|01/01/1954 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.