Details for Benchmark: OM1197
N 43° 37.539 W 089° 45.629 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIA county, WI View Original Datasheet
- WISCONSIN DELLS S MUNICIPAL TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS THE SOUTH TANK OF TWO MUNICIPAL TANKS IN THE TOWN OF WISCONSIN DELLS, WISCONSIN. IT IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEAST PART OF THE TOWN, ABOUT 0.1 MILE EAST OF RACE STREET, AT THE END OF WASHINGTON AVENUE. IT IS ON A HIGH MOUND. IT WAS ERECTED IN 1930 AND IS VERY PROMINENT.
THE TANK IS A SQUAT SILVER STRUCTURE WITH SIX TRUSSWORK LEGS ABOUT 80 FEET HIGH. THE OVAL SECTION EXTENDS DOWNWARD ABOUT 10 FEET. THE LARGE VERTICAL SECTION IS ABOUT 18 FEET HIGH AND HAS A CATWALK AND RAIL AROUND ITS BASE. THE FLAT CONICAL TOP HAS A BALL AT ITS APEX. THE TOTAL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 100 FEET.
|01/01/1958 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (GWM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.