Details for Benchmark: OM1199
N 43° 38.006 W 089° 45.958 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIA county, WI View Original Datasheet
- WISCONSIN DELLS N MUNICIPAL TK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS STATION IS THE NORTH TANK OF TWO MUNICIPAL TANKS IN THE TOWN OF WISCONSIN DELLS, WISCONSIN. IT IS LOCATED ON A HIGH KNOLL IN THE NORTHEAST PART OF THE TOWN, ABOUT 265 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF INDIANA AVENUE, AND ABOUT 8 FEET EAST OF AN EXTENSION OF MAIN STREET. THE TANK WAS ERECTED IN 1922 AND IS VERY PROMINENT.
THE TANK IS A TALL SILVER STRUCTURE WITH FOUR TRUSSWORK LEGS ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH. THE OVAL SECTION EXTENDS DOWNWARD ABOUT 20 FEET. THE VERTICAL SECTION IS ABOUT 30 FEET HIGH AND HAS A CATWALK AND RAIL AROUND ITS BASE. THE STEEP CONICAL ROOF HAS A BALL AT ITS APEX. THE TOTAL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 125 FEET.
|01/01/1958 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (GWM)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (DCM)
STATION RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.