Details for Benchmark: OM1223
N 43° 10.301 W 089° 15.897 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DANE county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3.6 KM (2.25 MI) EAST OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90, 3.2 KM (2.00 MI) SOUTHWEST OF SUN PRAIRIE, 3.2 KM (2.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF TOKEN CREEK AND ON ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY. OWNERSHIP--STATE OF WISCONSIN, CONTACT PAUL G. RAPP, DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORTATION, COUNTY OF DANE, 2302 FISH HATCHERY ROAD, MADISON, WI 53713, PHONE 608-266-4261. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 151 AND STATE HIGHWAY 19 IN SUN PRAIRIE, GO WEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 19 FOR 2.6 KM (1.60 MI) TO COUNTY ROAD C. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD C FOR 1.7 KM (1.05 MI) TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A DRIVEABLE MONUMENT WITH AN ALUMINUM CAP STAMPED---070 1987---, SET INSIDE A 5-INCH PVC PIPE THAT PROJECTS 2 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. THE ROD HAS BEEN DRIVEN 8 FEET INTO THE GROUND. LOCATED 8.7 M (28.5 FT) EAST FROM CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD C, 2.7 M (8.9 FT) SOUTH FROM POWERPOLE 8-10-12 AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) WEST FROM A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DANE COUNTY PART II, WI, 1988. THIS STATION IS SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS. DESCRIBED BY D.A. BOWLING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.