Details for Benchmark: OQ0047
N 43° 36.550 W 096° 27.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MINNEHAHA county, SD View Original Datasheet
- END 2 RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
2 MI N FROM VALLEY SPRINGS. ABOUT 6 MILES EAST OF CORSON, SOUTH DAKOTA, 0.2 MILE WEST OF THE MINNESOTA-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE LINE, AT THE EAST EDGE OF A REST STOP AREA ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90, 382 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST BOUND LANES OF HIGHWAY 90, 49 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 3 FEET WEST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE, SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|05/26/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
18.9 KM (11.7 MI) EASTERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90 FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 229 AT THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF SIOUX FALLS, NEAR THE EAST END OF A WESTBOUND REST AREA, 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) WEST OF THE MINNESOTA-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE LINE, 116.9 M (383.5 FT) NORTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 79.3 M (260.2 FT) NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 14.6 M (47.9 FT) NORTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION END 2, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST AND FENCE, AND THE MONUMENT IS RECESSED 0.05 M (0.16 FT) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.