Details for Benchmark: OQ0049
N 43° 36.533 W 096° 27.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MINNEHAHA county, SD View Original Datasheet
- END 2 RM 4
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
2 MI N FROM VALLEY SPRINGS. ABOUT 6 MILES EAST OF CORSON, SOUTH DAKOTA, 0.2 MILE WEST OF THE MINNESOTA-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE LINE, AT THE EAST EDGE OF A REST STOP AREA ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90, 334 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST BOUND LANES OF HIGHWAY 90, 51 FEET WEST OF A NORTH-SOUTH FENCE, SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|05/26/1991 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.