Details for Benchmark: OQ0699
N 43° 42.363 W 096° 27.840 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MINNEHAHA county, SD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CMC)
SURFACE MARK IS STANDARD STATION DISK IN CONCRETE, STAMPED MINNEKODA, 1.3 FEET BELOW SURFACE. IT IS IN SW 1/4 SEC. 22, T 103 N, R 47 W (NOT SEC. 26, AS GIVEN IN DESCRIPTION), AT HIGHEST POINT OF MOST PROMINENT HILL OF VICINITY, IN CULTIVATED FIELD, ABOUT 100 YARDS S OF THE E AND W CENTER LINE OF SW 1/4 SECTION, AND 23 FEET N OF A POINT IN LINE WITH AN E AND W FENCE IN THE SE 1/4 OF SECTION. THE LAND IS STILL OWNED BY MARTA STEMMER AND OCCUPIED BY NED PHILLIPS.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS STANDARD REFERENCE DISK IN CONCRETE, STAMPED MINNEKODA NO. 1, FLUSH WITH SURFACE. IT IS AT CREST OF SLIGHT ELEVATION, ABOUT 0.2 MILE N OF THE SE CORNER OF SECTION, 18.5 FEET E OF CENTER LINE OF STATE-LINE ROAD, AND 92 FEET S OF A POINT IN LINE WITH A FENCE EXTENDING W FROM THE STATE-LINE ROAD.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS STANDARD REFERENCE DISK IN CONCRETE, 12 INCHES BELOW SURFACE, STAMPED MINNEKODA NO. 2, 23 FEET N OF CENTER LINE OF E AND W SECTION-LINE ROAD, 13 FEET S OF N RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND IN LINE WITH WOVEN-WIRE FENCE EXTENDING N FROM THE SECTION-LINE ROAD. (MR. PHILLIPS SAYS MARK WAS LOWERED BUT NOT CHANGED IN POSITION WHEN ROAD WAS GRADED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.