Details for Benchmark: OQ0773
N 43° 43.903 W 096° 35.390 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MINNEHAHA county, SD View Original Datasheet
- NORWAY EV LUTH CH STEEPLE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (MEW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 7 MILES EAST AND 2 MILES SOUTH OF THE TOWN OF BALTIC, 4.5 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF GARRETSON. IT IS OF WOOD STRUCTURE PAINTED WHITE AND APPROXIMATELY 60 FEET HIGH.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE TIP OF THE STEEPLE.
TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAY 77 IN THE EAST EDGE OF DELL RAPIDS, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 77 4.4 MILES TO CROSSROADS, TURN LEFT (EAST) ON GRAVELED ROAD 6.1 MILES TO CROSSROADS, TURN RIGHT (SOUTH) 2.0 MILES TO CROSSROADS, TURN LEFT (EAST) 0.1 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.