Details for Benchmark: OQ1095
N 43° 36.483 W 096° 30.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MINNEHAHA county, SD View Original Datasheet
- N 452
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
14.4 KM (8.9 MI) EASTERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 90 FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 229 AT THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF SIOUX FALLS, 0.7 KM (0.4 MI) WEST OF MILEPOST 410, 32.2 M (105.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 21.2 M (69.6 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF A GRAVELED ROAD, 12.2 M (40.0 FT) WEST OF A T-FENCE CORNER, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST AND FENCE. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR A CLASS A MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.