Details for Benchmark: OW0285
N 43° 00.611 W 108° 49.032 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- GLO 21 RM 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1931
IN THE SHOSHONE INDIAN RESERVATION. TO REACH FROM ETHETE (POST OFFICE AT ST. MICHAELS MISSION), GO WEST 1 MILE ON MAIN ROAD TOWARD FORT WASHAKIE AND WIND RIVER, TURN LEFT BETWEEN 2 LOG CABINS AND GO 0.8 MILE SOUTH, TURN RIGHT AFTER CROSSING BRIDGE OVER CANAL AND GO WEST 1 MILE ON OLD ROAD ALONG FOOT OF HILLS TO G.L.O. STATION 21.
REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD GENERAL LAND OFFICE REFERENCE DISKS IN CONCRETE. G.L.O. STATION 21, REFERENCE MARK NO. 2, IS 264.7 METERS (868 FEET) FROM STATION S 59 DEG 59 MIN W.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.