Details for Benchmark: OX0800
N 43° 00.309 W 110° 39.930 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LINCOLN county, WY View Original Datasheet
- DEADMAN LOOKOUT CABIN
- Marker Type:
- lookout house
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (CL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTHERN ONE OF TWO PEAKS ON DEADMAN MOUNTAIN WHICH IS A LONE HIGH MOUNTAIN THAT LIES AT THE HEAD OF DEADMAN CREEK, UPPER HOBACK RIVER AND HORSE CREEK. IT IS 23 MILES, AIRLINE, SOUTHEAST OF ALPINE, 43 MILES, AIRLINE, NORTHWEST OF BIG PINEY, 33-1/2 MILES, AIRLINE, SOUTH BY EAST OF JACKSON, AND AT THE SITE OF TRIANGULATION STATION DEADMAN.
STATION IS A WHITE 10-FOOT SQUARE WOODEN STRUCTURE WHICH IS APPROXIMATELY 10 FEET HIGH. IT IS 28.910 FEET, 8.812 METERS NORTH OF THE TRIANGULATION STATION. THE APEX OF THE ROOF WAS USED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.