Details for Benchmark: OZ0431
N 43° 20.133 W 115° 08.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ELMORE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- A 339
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
11.2 MI W FROM CORRAL. 0.6 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE POST OFFICE AND STORE AT CORRAL, THENCE 10.6 MILES WEST ALONG A GRADED COUNTY ROAD, 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF A TELEPHONE LINE, AT THE SUMMIT OF A HILL, ON THE OUTSIDE OF A SHARP CURVE, IN THE TOP OF A BOULDER PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, 106 FEET SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 26 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK ROAD, 31.2 FEET WEST OF A FENCE, 7.5 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.