Details for Benchmark: OZ0450
N 43° 25.050 W 115° 17.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ELMORE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- V 339
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
5.8 MI SE FROM PINE. 5.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A GRADED COUNTY ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT PINE, 1.0 MILE WEST OF THE BRIDGE OVER LIME CREEK, ON THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE, AT THE SUMMIT OF A GRADE, AT A SHORT THROUGH CUT, IN THE TOP OF AN OUTCROP ON A RIDGE EXTENDING SOUTH FROM THE ROAD TO A ROCKY POINT OVERLOOKING ANDERSON RANCH DAM RESERVOIR, 166 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 10 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A CAIRN, ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND MARKED WITH THE WHITE PAINTED LETTERS B M.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.