Details for Benchmark: PA0473
N 43° 33.200 W 119° 23.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARNEY county, OR View Original Datasheet
- 4453 H
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1903 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1903
6.2 MI E FROM OAKERMAN RANCH. 6.2 MILES EAST ALONG THE OLD BEND-BURNS ROAD FROM OAKERMAN RANCH, HARNEY COUNTY, 90 FEET NORTH OF SURVEY STATION 5824+20 ON THE CENTRAL OREGON HIGHWAY (U.S. 20), JUST WEST OF A SMALL SUMMIT, AND 20 FEET SOUTH OF THE OLD STAGE ROAD. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 4453 H 1903 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE ENCASED IN CONCRETE.
|04/04/1977 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1977 (DHK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.