Details for Benchmark: PB0230
N 43° 45.117 W 121° 27.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DESCHUTES county, OR View Original Datasheet
- S 62
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
6.2 MI NE FROM LAPINE. 6.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE DALLES- CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY FROM LAPINE, DESCHUTES COUNTY, AT MILEAGE 165.5, 15 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A ROAD TO THE WEST AT THE NORTH END OF PAULINA PRAIRIE, 98 FEET WEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED 4203.417 S62 1931.
|07/20/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 9.9 KM (6.15 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN LAPINE, 10.1 M (33.1 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 10.1 M (33.1 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED ROAD LEADIING NORTHWEST, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER L 4, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.