Details for Benchmark: PB0678
N 43° 55.900 W 121° 21.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DESCHUTES county, OR View Original Datasheet
- D 459
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by ORHD (MONUMENTED)
|07/21/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
15.1 KM (9.40 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE SOUTH JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 20 IN BEND, ON A LEDGE AT THE SOUTHWEST BASE OF A DOME SHAPED LAVA OUTCROP, 33.5 M (109.9 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 15.2 M (49.9 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A TRACK ROAD, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF A STATE WITNESS POST, AND 1.5 M (4.9 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.