Details for Benchmark: PB0780
N 43° 49.141 W 121° 52.224 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DESCHUTES county, OR View Original Datasheet
- CULTUS LOT RESET
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||happyinbend posted a note for PB0780
Tower is gone seems like the marker is gone with it. Found a large boulder with concrete in it but the marker looks to have been chiseled out.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1958 by USGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1958
A NEW TRUCK ROAD IS BEING BUILT FROM END OF TRUCK TRAVEL OF 1955 DESCRIPTIO TO TOP OF MOUNTAIN AND LOOKOUT TOWER. A NEW LOOKOUT TOWER WAS BUILT IN 1958 IN EXACT LOCATION OF OLD LOOKOUT TOWER.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---CULTUS LOT 1958---, ON 3-INCH PIPE CENTERED UNDER LOT.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1958---, CEMENTED IN LARGE BOULDER.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1958---, CEMENTED IN LARGE BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.