Details for Benchmark: PB0782
N 43° 36.637 W 120° 50.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LAKE county, OR View Original Datasheet
- FOX BUTTE
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1966 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
LOCATED ABOUT 39 MI SE. OF BEND, ABOUT 19 MI SW. OF BROTHERS, 6.5 MI S. OF SAND SPRING. ON TOP OF CINDER HILL CALLED FOX BUTTE.
TO REACH FROM JCT. OF U.S. HWYS. 20 AND 97 AT BEND, DRIVE 21 MI E. ON U.S. HWY. 20. TURN RIGHT OFF HWY. FOLLOWING MAIN RD. 5.8 MI S. TO RD. FORK. TAKE LEFT FORK FOLLOWING MAIN RD. 12.9 MI TO SAND SPRING, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD 4.3 MI TO RD. FORK, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AS PER SIGN CABIN LAKE GUARD STATION 2.5 MI TO RD. FORK AND SIGN FOX BUTTE LO. TURN LEFT FOLLOWING RD. 1.5 MI TO TOP OF CINDER HILL AND STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---FOX BUTTE 1966---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BURIED BOULDER.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 1 1966---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BURIED BOULDER.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2 1966---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BURIED BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.