Details for Benchmark: PD0005
N 44° 54.217 W 066° 59.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, ME View Original Datasheet
- 841 0140 TIDAL 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1946 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
AT EASTPORT. AT EASTPORT, WASHINGTON COUNTY, AT THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE EAST ENTRANCE STEPS OF THE FRONTIER NATIONAL PARK, IN THE TOP OF THE GRANITE STEP SUPPORT, 10 FEET EAST OF THE BUILDING, 7.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A STREET, AND ABOUT 2-1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED NO 2.
|1/1/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 142 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.